The Nova Scotia SPCA is recruiting a dynamic, results-oriented individual with a desire to grow professionally and able to handle a very diverse list of duties and responsibilities. The Provincial Accounting Clerk performs responsible accounting and routine administrative functions for the Nova Scotia SPCA’s Provincial Office.
- Type accurately and keep records
- Prepare general ledger postings, bank deposits and statements
- Reconcile accounts as at when due
- Provide support and assistance to Provincial Accountant
- Work according to established procedures, standards, and applicable laws
- Sort and compile checks and invoices
- Issue our checks for accounts payable
- Mail checks
- Reconcile and match Credit Card Receipts
- Enter daily worksheets to the general ledger system and record business transactions
- Record refunds and charges
- Input invoices, checks, vouchers, reports, account statements and other records
- File and tally deposits
- Work with calculators, databases, adding machines and bank accounts
- Match invoices to work orders
- Process bills for payment
- Open mail
- Match payments to invoices
- Arrange for money meant to be delivered to bank
- Other duties as requested by management
- Not less than 2 years of accounting experience
- Competency in accounting software and databases, as well as MS Office
- Attention to detail
- Ability to ensure accuracy in job delivery
- Possess strong aptitude for numbers
- Ability to properly organize and prioritize tasks, as well as office environment
- Associate’s degree and any other relevant certification is a plus.
- Education; a post-secondary education in accounting or bookkeeping or a relevant field or equivalent working experience;
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be capable of working under time constraints and deadlines.
Nova Scotia SPCA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants, regardless of gender, race, age, sexuality, or disability. The Society provides a competitive salary, benefit package and a rewarding work environment. Our office is located in Dartmouth. Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is our intention to start reviewing resume’s immediately and to quickly start the interview process. However, as long as this job description remains posted it is an indication that the position has not been filled and we are still accepting resumes.
Please quote “Provincial Accounting Clerk” in the subject heading in your email reply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at the Nova Scotia SPCA, however; only those selected for interview will be contacted.