With a primary focus to provide exceptional first point of contact for community members this position will play a key role ensuring the Nova Scotia SPCA’s outstanding responsiveness to the needs of the animals we serve.
Includes but is not limited to:
- Answers multi-phone system, routing inquiries to the proper person and initiates messages for follow up;
- Provides outstanding customer service;
- Communicates to the public the principles that convey and impart an understanding of the policies and procedures of the Nova Scotia SPCA.
- Provides logistical support to SPCA Programs responding to enquires and processing applications for the PUP, Foster, Volunteer and TNR Programs
- Performs Raisers Edge data entry & office filing
- Assists in routine office projects which include, but are not limited to: membership development, envelope stuffing, preparation of materials for mailing, addressing envelopes, counting coins, filing, stamping of educational materials, etc.
- Maintains supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt;
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance; troubleshooting failures; calling for repairs; monitoring equipment operation; monitoring and purchasing meter fund
- Maintains office schedule by picking-up and delivering items using automobile.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy with strong follow through;
- Very strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills/excellent presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work collaboratively with volunteers and staff
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Hours of Work
Work responsibilities require a 40 hours per week plus additional overtime as required fulfilling the duties associated with the position.
Nova Scotia SPCA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants, regardless of gender, race, age, sexuality, or disability.
The Nova Scotia SPCA provides a competitive salary and a rewarding work environment. Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is our intention to start reviewing resume’s immediately and quickly start the interview process. However, as long as this posting remains on the website it is an indication that the position has not been filled and we are still accepting resumes.
Please quote “Reception & Office Assistant Position” in the subject heading in your email reply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at the Nova Scotia SPCA, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.