The Nova Scotia SPCA is seeking an experienced and dedicated RVT to join our team working in a fast-paced, high volume surgical environment. The Nova Scotia SPCA’s HRM Hospital prides itself on providing high quality veterinary and surgical services to the animals in its care while offering a low income Spay/Neuter assistance program to the public. The successful candidate will need to meet the following qualifications:
- Strong anesthetic knowledge and who can multitask (prepare, induce, premed, monitor and recovering multiple patients)
- strong clinic pathology background to perform UA’s, fecals, cytology, (skin/ears), fna, pcvs and blood smears.
- Recognize and intervene on emergencies.
- The ability to follow protocols, and be comfortable working with pediatric patients.
- Responsible for ordering medical supplies for surgical team and hospital.
- Must have excellent communication and time management skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment.
- High volume surgeries will be performed both at our hospital and mobile clinic so some travel will be required.
- Education A Registered Veterinary Tehcnician and a member in good standing with EVTA and NSVMA.
- Drivers license is required
- Some travel will be required within Nova Scotia
- Physical ability to walk and or stand on your feed throughout a normal workday
- Physical ability to lift and carry 40 pounds regularly
Hours of Work
Work responsibilityes require a standard 40 hours per week plus additional overtime as required fulfilling the duties associated with the position.
This position offers a competitive salary, benefits package, CE Allowance, paid EVTA dues and staff discounts for veterinary services and supplies.
This position is in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
Please send resume with cover letter to email@example.com