SPCA Transport Drivers play a critical role in transporting our animals to and from veterinary hospitals for their spay and neuter appointments, and to events where they will be showcased for adoption. Drivers may also assist in transporting animals to another NS SPCA location to increase the likelihood of a timely adoption for the animal in our care.
The Primary duty of a Nova Scotia SPCA Transportation Driver is to transport animals to appointments and events to achieve the desired animal outcomes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare animals for transport and safely load them into the vehicle.
- Ensure that the animals arrive safely on time to their appointments.
- Ensure the vehicle is stocked with necessary equipment and supplies.
- Ensure animals are brought back to the shelter safely and returned to their appropriate kennel or cage.
- Ensure the shelter receives all the paperwork regarding the transport.
In addition to having the ability to travel throughout the province and a valid Drivers license, the following are some of the skills required of a Nova Scotia SPCA Transportation Driver.
- Must hold a valid NS Driver’s License and an excellent driving history.
- Ability to work independently.
- Dependable and committed.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have access to a reliable heated van to facilitate transportation of animals.
Nova Scotia SPCA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants, regardless of gender, race, age, sexuality, or disability. The Society provides a competitive salary, benefit package and a rewarding work environment. Our office is located in Dartmouth. Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations to email@example.com. It is our intention to start reviewing resume’s on Jan 7, 2016 and to quickly start the interview process. However, as long as this job description remains posted it is an indication that the position has not been filled and we are still accepting resumes.
Please quote “SPCA Transportation Driver” in the subject heading in your email reply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at the Nova Scotia SPCA, however; only those selected for interview will be contacted.