The Nova Scotia SPCA is a registered charity with a Provincial Office in Halifax and supports communities throughout Nova Scotia. The following opportunity is available at our Provincial Office located in Dartmouth NS.
The Nova Scotia SPCA is looking for a skilled part-time volunteer accounts payable clerk to be responsible for assisting with the processing of invoices received for payment using Sage 300 ERP/AccPac and Excel.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains records by filing documents.
- verifying documentation.
- calculating tax requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Accounts Payable Clerk Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Sage 300 ERP / Acc Pac essential
- Attention to Detail
- Analyzing Information
- PC Proficiency
- Data Entry Skills using Excel
- General Math Skills
If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity, please email your interest to Karen DeWolfe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote “Volunteer Accounts Payable Clerk” in the subject heading in your email reply.